Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Let there be light! Buyers will pay more for it
Its one of the top three must-haves of every apartment-buyer and now architectsand developers are pushing the design boundaries to try to channel as muchsunlight as possible into their buildings.
One new development in Sydney is set to achieve what once would havebeen considered impossible solar access to every apartment in the 229-unittower of a minimum of three hours a day in mid-winter.
The 32-level Boomerang, to launch for sale on May 7…
- Minister warns over house prices
Referring to a HIA report where current savers needed 8.8 years to work up a 10 per cent home loan deposit, he said for them it would probably be 20…
- Mortgage rate rises a wake-up call for property buyers
Rising rates are a wake-up call to mortgage holders about paying down debt. … “If interest rates were to rise, even a tad, or house prices slip further, we will … “Reducing your home loan interest rate from the current average to, say,…
- 27000 distressed properties looking for a new owner
ASIC, the nation’s financial sector regulator, warns that missing mortgage repayments can happen to anyone, particularly in sectors facing rising…
- Queensland property: The best houses and apartments to see this weekend
15 Seventh Avenue, St Lucia
5 bed, 3 bath, 3 car
Auction: May 14, 10am on site
Open: Saturday, April 16, 1pm-1.30pm
Perched on a rare and sprawling 1920 square metres of elevated, northeast facing land in St Lucia, this contemporary family home has the feel of a holiday retreat.
Described by agent Rachael …
- Five new threats to house prices
Five new threats to house prices keep buyers on their toes … matters to the house hunter or investor when they are shopping for a mortgage rate. … BOQ this month lifted standard variable home loan rates 0.12 to 5.86 per cent and…
- Aussies mostly optimistic on prices
- Are your clients drowning in personal loans?
Australians are suffering under weight of personal loans, which could be preventing many from securing mortgages
- Refinancing a reverse mortgage: Is it a good idea?
While switching from a reverse mortgage to another reverse mortgage might be a good idea in some instances, there are also risks involved in this type of refinancing.
- Home loan approvals bounce back in February
The number of home loan approvals increased by 1.5 per cent last February, according to the latest data from the Australia Bureau of Statistics.
- Strong house prices a problem for residential property investors
Residential property investors may have a hard time dealing with strong house prices and low rental yields.