Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- The life aquatic on the Gold Coast
An active lifestyle was what Deborah Fitzgerald had in mind when shedesigned and built her private riverfront estate at Carrara on the Gold Coast more than 20 years ago.
Water sports are a particular passion so she made the river a focal point ofthe house and estate.
She ensured there was a 15 metre pontoon and boat winch toaccommodate the wakeboarding and waterskiing activities she loves.
Fitzgerald alsoincluded a tennis court, gymnasium, billiard…
- RAMS founder John Kinghorn in LJ Hooker home loan push
RAMS founder John Kinghorn has returned to the home loan industry with plans to expand mortgage broker LJ Hooker Home Loans, which he and…
- Commonwealth Bank joins foreign mortgage crackdown
As ratings agency Fitch forecast a pick-up in mortgage stress, CBA told … Finder.com.au claimed the average home loan size fell 7.71 per cent in the…
- Vote first, pay later as post-election rate hikes loom
But the new round of home loan re-pricing is likely after the election as the banks try to avoid the wrath of a government in campaign mode. … Every 0.1 percentage point increase to standard variable mortgage rates added about…
- Australian mortgage market has never been so chaotic, says industry leader
The current Australian mortgage market is minefield and is only going to become harder to navigate according to one of the industrys leading voices.
- Virgin Money unveils unique new home loan
One of the globes most recognisable brands will launch a new mortgage product in Australia, with applications for Virgins Reward Me Home Loan being taken from May.
- Mortgage lenders discreetly increase loan rates
Australian banks are increasing their interest rates and restructuring their home loans as a response to increased hedging and funding costs.
- RBA hints more tightening to come in the housing market
RBA warns property investors of a possible imminent tightening in the housing sector due to weak economic conditions in some markets.
- Borrowers now faced with rising mortgage rates
With more than 20 lenders increasing their home loan rates, analysts lament how borrowers wasted the opportunity to make extra payments on their loans.