Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Big jump in business mortgage demand
New figures show there was a 25.7 per cent jump in commercial mortgage applications in the March quarter compared to a year earlier. Credit data…
- Sydney median house price hits $1.15 million: Buying becoming ‘out of the question’
- Sydney median house price hits $1.15 million: Buying becoming 'out of the question'
Get the lowdown on our home loan rates. … Sydney house prices grew 13.1 per cent over the year, according to Domain Group data. … to continue a disturbing trend of declining rates of home ownership for younger cohorts. … on the percentage of the income they spend on their mortgage repayment.
- Demand for commercial loans up 25 per cent
The figures, which build on a 22.5 per cent rise in commercial mortgage applications in the December quarter, were in sharp contrast to a moderate…
- Melbourne's median house price soars to $843674 in March quarter: Domain Group
… by soaring house prices that keep his dream of home ownership out of reach. Melbourne house prices have risen every quarter for four-and-a-half years, … The ultimate aim is not to have a mortgage or be as debt free as possible.
- Melbourne’s median house price soars to $843,674 in March quarter: Domain Group
- Citigroup freezes new interest-only lending to foreigners
The global bank blames changing market conditions and regulatory attempts to cool the overheated property markets in the southeastern capitals for the changes
- Non-major halts new foreign interest only lending
The bank has made significant changes to its interest only home loan policies especially with regards to non-resident buyers
- Financial advisory firm merges with mortgage brokerage
The wealth management firm has created a new home loan arm by merging with a 15-year-old mortgage brokerage
- Investment growth highest among low income earners
New analysis has found that the bottom 20% of households have experienced the highest growth in investment income