Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Brisbane unit prices fall for seventh consecutive quarter
The price of a unit in Brisbane is at its cheapest in nearly two years with the median price slumping again for theseventh consecutive quarter.
The latest Domain Group quarterly house pricereport showed the median price of Brisbane units had fallen to $367,058.
The continued fall means that of the capital cities, only Adelaide and Hobart were cheaper andBrisbane remains the most affordable capital city for units on the east coast.
Domain Group chief econ…
- Clarence Property launches $50m mortgage fund
Investment fund manager Clarence Property has launched a $50 million mortgage fund, offering retail investors access to a pooled fund of mortgages…
- David Walsh rolls his Sydney property price again to buy in Darling Point
Professional gambler and art collector David Walsh has made a welcome return to Sydneys housing market, paying about $7.5 million for a free-standing Federation house in Darling Point.…
- Big banks slip in customer satisfaction levels
The home-loan rate increase announced by the big four banks in October … he said, noting Bank of Queensland’s recent hike to mortgage rates.
- Fraud rife in banking system, with lending practices threatening financial system stability …
“The safer your mortgage book looks, the lower it costs you to do business simple as that. … “I don’t think that Australians realise the risks the banks have taken in order to get house prices as high as they are,” Mr David said.
- Our housing debt fever is finally beginning to cool
News this week that house prices are falling across most capital cities in Australia will … debt levels are for younger Australians starting out in home ownership. … And they have hiked mortgage rates for investors even more, due to a…
- Turnbull should help the states switch stamp duty for land tax
Before the government considers company or personal income tax cuts, it should help the states replace property stamp duties with a broad based land tax, argues the Australian Council of Social Service
- Commonwealth Bank tightens criteria on home loans for foreigners
CBA is the latest major bank to increase its restrictions on some home loan applicants with a foreign income.
- House prices fall across Australia
Median house prices take a tumble in all but two of Australia’s capital cities.
- Virgin Money launches new mortgage product
Virgin Money launched its new mortgage product, the Reward Me Home Loan, which will give Aussie customers points and exclusive discounts.
- CBA cracks down on offshore mortgage lending
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia joined other major banks in cracking down on foreign mortgage lending as it recently announced a tightening of application requirements.
- Failure to review mortgages costing borrowers thousands
A study showed that one in three home loan customers have taken no action on their home loans in the last five years, and this could be costing them thousands of dollars.