Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Interest rate lends itself to refinancing
Melbourne prices are also forecast to slide, but detached house prices are … With 40% of Australians having never refinanced their home loan, now…
- Printing factory in Barkly Street, Brunswick, sells at auction for $1.2 million
$1m asking price for graffiti-covered Fitzroy North house
Did Fitzroy just out-Fitzroy itself?
- Character-building challenges ahead for the major mortgage players
But when you look at some of the pressures accumulating in the nation’s $1.5 trillion mortgage market, the odds are shortening that the two Sydney…
- Home loan lenders are clamping down and could dump interest-only loans for owner occupiers
Already many lenders are dumping interest-only loans altogether for those with a mortgage on their own home this includes lender Citi who this…
- Things aren’t looking good for the housing market
Analysts have drawn parallels between the current state of the Australian housing market and the US subprime mortgage crisis
- Canberra auction market solid after holiday pause as house prices boom
The Canberra home auction market resumed after the Easter holiday break with yet another healthy result for sellers.
Canberra recorded an auction clearance rate of 68.2 percent which was slightly lower than the 70.5 per cent reported over the pre-Easter Super Saturday weekend and lower also than the 75.0 per cent recorded over the same weekend last year.
<img src="https://static.domain.com.au/domainblog/uploads/2017/04/24100318/ACRCanApr22.png" alt="acrcanapr22" width="784" heig…
- Decline in mortgage arrears “unexpected”
The percentage of delinquent home loans has decreased month-by-month in a move which was widely unforeseen by analysts
- Melbourne buyers face a tough Autumn market, but it’s not without opportunity
New suburbs join Melbournes million-dollar median house price club
Why a treechange could keep your property dream alive