Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Stately heritage homes for sale in Brisbane
- Melbourne auction market to shatter April records
Thehome auction market is expectedto finish April on a high with a monthly record number of properties set to go under the hammer this weekend.
Melbourne will host nearly 1260 auctions on Saturday and will likely exceed the previous record for an April day of 1247 set on the pre-Easter Super Saturday in mid-April. This weekends offering will also be ahead of the 983 auctions listed over the same weekend last year.
Auction numbers were lower last weekend reflec…
- Big four Banks unruffled by negative gearing changes
They hold most of the nation’s $1.5 trillion of mortgage debt and could suffer crippling losses plus lower bonuses should a sledgehammer crush…
- Banks tipped to play scrooge
This should prompt mortgage holders to shop around and compare their … made an out-of-cycle interest rate hike to their variable home loan rates.
- Romanian president signs mortgage walk-away bill into law
BUCHAREST (Reuters) – Romania’s President signed into law on Thursday a bill that enables property buyers to walk away from mortgages, setting it…
- Westpac halts property loans to foreigners
Westpac joins ANZ and CBA in withdrawing from real estate lending to foreigners.
- Big four unlikely to raise lending rates in quest to maintain profits
Analysis suggests the major banks will not increase lending rates to maintain high profits, yet consumers will likely pay in other ways, says one mortgage broker.