Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Double delight on the Greenwich beachfront
Greenwich locals will appreciate the significance of this one: two homes owned by Edeltraud Grill idyllically set on the beach at the end of Greenwich Baths are up for a combined ask of $15 million….
- Intaj Khan plans to build sprawling $9.5m mansion in Tarneit
West may well be best. But theres no need to tell Wyndham City councillor Intaj Khan.
The wealthy businessman is putting his money where his mouth is, building a sprawling $9.5 million mansion complete with a helipad, 16 bedrooms and a 30-seat movie theatre in Tarneit.
Located about 30 kilometres west of the CBD, the emerging suburb is still one of Melbournes most affordable places to live.
Cr Khans future 2400 square metre residence w…
- five-step guide to switching
A 0.25 percentage point interest rate drop on a $250,000 home loan can … Finder and Canstar, while mortgage brokers can also help you compare.
- Kirby: What to look out for in budget 20161:31
The debate around negative gearing will easily outstrip items such as super contributions or bracket creep because house prices affect everyone.
- Canberra house price results mixed as election and possible rate cut loom
Concerns about overheating housing markets are now clearly fanciful with Sydney house prices falling sharply over the past six months.
- The property tycoon with 55 homes and counting
Labor’s negative gearing plans could cut house prices. … Todd Hunter ranks as one of the country’s largest and most successful property investors. … based on median prices, with rental income falling short of mortgage payments.
- Borrowers reminded to consider more than just interest rates
As the Australian mortgage market becomes increasingly volatile, borrowers have been reminded that a low interest rate shouldnt be the deciding factor when it comes to choosing a home loan.
- Mirvac chief unfazed by halt to foreign lending
Mirvac chief executive Susan Lloyd-Hurwitz says it is “business as usual” following Westpac’s recent announcement it will stop lending to foreign property buyers.
- Debt affecting Aussies' borrowing power by $99,000
Brokers are being urged to be proactive with clients in debt as it affects their mortgage borrowing ability.