Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Why Brisbane's property market is no hotspot
In Melbourne, house prices have jumped $100,000 in a year with the median now sitting at a record $865,712. Melbourne house prices have risen…
- What do agents have to reveal about a home’s history?
If your walls could talk, what would they say? If youve bought a house from a real estate agent, you should already know the answer.
Under Australian common law, vendors and real estate agents are required to disclose any information considered to be a material factto prospective property buyers. This includes instances that have occurred on a property such as murder, violent crime and even the suspected presence of ghosts.
A material fact is a …
- Brisbane, you’ve been friend zoned: Why our property market is no hotspot
Watching wide-eyed from the sidelines, Brisbane haswitnessedMelbourne, and in particular Sydney, experiencing a housing boom of epic proportions.
With Sydneys median house price sitting at just under $1.2 million, week after week stories emerge that seem almost impossible like the first-home…
- Underquoting: New laws about statements of information given to buyers raise questions
Many real estate buyers are misjudging the true market value of properties because they rely on conservative and sometimes irrelevant comparable sales information provided by agents, experts say.
The problem is particularly prevalent among first-time buyers and young people trying to purchase budget homes at Melbourne auctions.
Consumer Affairs Victoria has been cracking down on agent underquoting following the introduction of new laws aimed at stamping out th…
- Year-long search ends in the heritage renovation of a Melbourne couple’s dreams
Ittook only three months forNathan and Anna Dallas to sell in Malvern East, buy their (then) unrenovated period home in 2012 and get married….
- Windfall for John Symond as CBA buys rest of Aussie Home Loans
… overhaul of mortgage broker remuneration and revamps its own home loan offer. … Mortgage brokers have grown to write more than half of residential … come under scrutiny for commissions at a time of runaway house prices and…
- First Home Buyers Returning To Housing Market & Investors Still In The Market For A Home Loan
Mortgage Choice’s Mr Flavell expects overall home loan demand will … time, I would expect to see strong home loan demand over the coming months.
- Buying your first home? Know the 'hidden' costs
First home buyers feel nervous enough venturing into the property market. They have a gut feeling they need to save a deposit for their home but what else is involved?