Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Out of town: Manderley has finally been restored to its original glory
The Bowral landmark home Manderley has finally been restored to its original glory and its status in the local $5 million-plus books thanks to its sale this week.
The two-hectare property was a no-expense-spared project for builder Roy Alvaro in 1991, who then sold it in 2006 for $5 million to motivational speaker and author Paul Hanna.
It was left to fall into disrepair during Hannas ownership and eventually so…
- Federation home in Burwood has a pedigree of colourful owners
This gorgeous Federation property comes with a brief and colourful history of some of the homes earliest owners. These include the great-grandson of Dr Thomas Arndell, assistant-surgeon to the First Fleet, Reverend William Heighway, a respected missionary who spent much of the late 1800s preaching in Fiji, and Herbert Holle, chief electrical inspector of the NSW Fire and Accident Underwriters Association….
- The quickest way to save a house deposit
While house prices continue to climb in most capital cities, one in four entry-level … Munt’s parents also went guarantor on the couple’s home loan this is … Mortgage Choice spokeswoman Jessica Darnbrough says while moving…
- AFG to take on riskier mortgage borrowers after good result
Unlike branded rivals Aussie Home Loans and Mortgage Choice that … AFG said increasing the penetration of its own home loan products was a key…
- Breaking a record and having a ball
Putting our metaphorical hat back on, the ad seems to be saying that the bloke is so happy about his home loan that he can’t help but break into song.
- 'Clear indication' trail commission will not be banned, says mortgage chief
Trail commission is unlikely to banned as a part of ASICs remuneration review of the mortgage broking sector, the chief executive of a major mortgage franchise has said
- Majority of Australians experiencing mortgage stress: survey
Seven out of 10 Australian households are experiencing mortgage stress in meeting their monthly home loan repayments, new research has revealed
- Infrastructure projects to bolster Sydney apartment demand
A major property developer believes infrastructure announcements means it will have little trouble selling a huge development in the already crowded apartment market in Sydneys inner south
- Online mortgage marketplace welcomes financial services veteran to advisory board
Online marketplace for home loan, HashChing, has welcomed a well-known financial services lawyer to its advisory board
- IMB cuts owner-occupier home loan interest rates
Borrowers hoping for a sweeter deal on interest rates for new home loans are bound to consider IMB banks lower rates which were introduced August 24.