Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Doctor Doctor star Nicole da Silva waited until the last minute to bid on her first home
The actor spent a year looking before entering the property market.
What is your strongest memory of your childhood home?
We lived in a townhouse growing up and the communal driveway became the playground for all the local kids. Handball, bike riding, adventuring and playing soccer; wed all stay out until we were called back in at dusk for dinner.
What do you recall about buying your first home?
- Future Brisbane: Brisbane house prices see southern buyers ready to make the move to Queensland
RELATIVELY low house prices can be Brisbane’s most powerful weapon in … PwC data showed a mortgage on a median-priced home in Greater…
- Five brilliant Brisbane homes you can get for under $500,000
First-home and lower-budget buyers have plenty of choice in property in Brisbane, where half a million dollars can go a long way.
Because of the apartment boom, theres a variety of apartments that sell for less than they would have been worth in a less crowded market and two bedrooms for less than $500,000 is easily attainable.
If you look to the outer suburbs, theres plenty of options for larger house and land properties that come in well under budget. Youd…
- John Symond's final Aussie Home Loans windfall
“Aussie” John Symond’s ownership of his mortgage broking empire has quietly come to an end, but not without another huge payday. Commonwealth…
- Western Sydney homeowners can help combat homelessness
Residents who build backyard garden dwellings for the homeless could be given cheaper mortgage rates
- Banks in denial about Australia’s mortgage debt crisis
Rising interest rates and other economic shocks would cause borrowers to default on home loans, taking the banks and the economy down with them, an analyst warns
- The problem with property doomsayers
We are left to trust that banks and mortgage brokers have conducted the proper checks to weather inevitable rises in borrowing rates. But there … Australia has never seen a precipitous fall in house prices, as has occurred overseas.