Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Landmark hilltop Mount Ommaney mansion tipped to fetch $6 million
A $6 million property owned by the family behind one of the most successful earthmoving dynasties in Australia is tipped to smash a residential property record….
- Cheap two-bedroom home in trendy Prahran up for sale, but there’s a catch
It is the cheapest two-bedroom houseon the market in Prahran by a long shot.
But, you guessed it theres a catch. Or two.
A quick glance at the floor plan reveals theres not much room to lounge. That is, there is no lounge room or living space.
Bargain hunters might not be fussed though; 20 King Street is listed for $769,000. To pu…
- Billion-dollar target as Macquarie joins the rush to RMBS
The largest of the RMBS deals or mortgage bonds was CBA’s decision to raise $2.4bn just two months ago and analysts say the remainder of the…
- Heritage-listed Buderim property once host to British royalty hits the market
Long before the current crop of hipster cafes shone the light on regional, seasonal produce and single origin roasts, a green-thumbed chap was growing his own tropical bounty including coffee atop Buderim mountain on the Sunshine Coast.
Farmer Herbert Fielding had his majestic Queenslander built in 1915 on 16 hectares of the 49 his father had selected back in the 1870s.
The landmark pr…
- Overpriced property sales: Houseproud owners might be demanding too much
Were well familiar with the real estate phishing scam of underquotingby agents to lure unwary and inevitably disappointed buyers to attend and beef up the numbers at auctions of places they could actually never afford.
Thankfully, because of legislation to outlaw the practise, its a diminishing, if not entirely disappeared, exercise.
But more common, and from the vendor corner, is the tell em theyre dreaming tend…
- Rising mortgage debt is the biggest threat to super balances
Rising mortgage debt is the biggest threat to super balances … and the age pension are predicated on high levels of home ownership. The HILDA…
- CBA to grind out $9.8 billion profit
… the bank to unveil a cash profit of close to $10 billion against a backdrop of slowing margin growth, moderating property prices and mortgage market…
- House borrowing has hit a record $1.69trn
Investors continue to dominate the market, despite regulatory efforts to curtail speculative demand in Australias overheating property markets
- Non-bank alters loans for metro borrowers
The changes will affect prime mortgage holders in Sydney and Melbourne as well as near prime IO and investment loans