Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Could house boats be the solution to Sydney’s housing woes?
While the people of Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, New York and other major cities are migrating to houseboats, barges and architect-designed float homes Sydneysiders are firmly wedded to dry land there are only four licensed houseboats on Sydney Harbour or one per 79 kilometres of glorious and underutilised foreshore….
- Spring property market round-up: the Sydney regions that fared the best and worst
IvankaDwyer initially considered selling her Killara home last year. It was a good thing she waited.
Her delay in listing the four-bedroom house at16 Quebec Avenuewas lucrative selling for $100,000 more than expected in October.
And she didnt even have to go to auction, with a homebuyer offering about $2.1 million in spring. Itwas$…
- New Homes – case study: New house in Moncrieff makes sense
WHY I BOUGHT IN
Car lover Ben Mejlak has just bought a three-bedroom home at The Reserve with his girlfriend Georgia.
The home will play host to Ben, Georgia and their new baby, Luka, born just under a week ago.
Mejlak, who owns a mechanic shop in Mitchell, chose to buy at The Reserve after just a few months of house hunting.
The price point of Moncrieff was unbeatable for him.He says that it was worth buying there because I c…
- New heights for Tassie house prices with record number of $1m house sales
… for Sandy Bay and Battery Point properties had helped push prices to record levels. Originally published as New record for Tassie house prices…
- 'It's laughable': Government slammed for housing affordability probe that proposes no changes
But not the Turnbull government’s inquiry into home ownership. … had already exercised their power to rein in borrowing by property investors. … to pump their superannuation into paying off the principal of their home loan.
- Non-major adjusts fixed and variable loan rates
The bank has announced variations to its fixed and variable mortgage rates for new and existing customers