Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Borrowers brush off rising rates, pushing mortgage applications 2.5% higher
After 10 weeks of declines, applications to refinance a home loan gained a little steam, rising 3 percent for the week but still down double digits from a…
- House from The Castle’s future uncertain, won’t be heritage listed
The Moonee Valley Council has voted down an attempt to heritage list the iconic home from the 1997 movie The Castle, effectively allowing the propertys owner to demolish the house, if no one steps in to save it.
The owner of the property has put it out there thats shes happy for someone to move it, Mayor Andrea Surace said. Maybe Film Victoria should take it on.
Owner Vicki Cosentino told <a href="http://www.domain.com.au…
- Keeper of the keys: Meet the family who live and work at an old gaol
- Eight years for first-home buyers to save Sydney deposit: Bankwest
In Melbourne, where house prices have also risen at double-digit annual … a minimum of 10 per cent deposit to provide a home loan including five per … Bankwest – means homebuyers avoid paying lenders mortgage insurance, … buying in rural or regional areas as a quicker path to home ownership.
- Trading places: huge site in Stamford, Connecticut for sale
CW Capital Asset Management, the servicer that controls the $US149 million ($205m) mortgage on the 712,000sq ft (66,000sq m) complex near the…
- CBA 'equaliser' tracks big four banks' home loan discounts
The Commonwealth Bank has taken steps to increase the transparency around discounting of mortgage pricing, launching a new product through a…
- Perth real estate “bouncing on the bottom”
With the Perth property market bottoming out, the GM for a leading real estate group says trends are once again turning upwards