Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Stamp duty adding 'years' to the deposit-saving plans of Sydney's home buyers
… at the same time to try and make their home ownership dreams come true. … By doing this, you could increase your home loan to cover the cost of stamp … For those willing to add stamp duty onto their mortgage, they could find…
- Victoria's popular green change areas are catching up to Melbourne house prices
Typical house prices in towns such as Macedon and Gisborne $665,000 and $625,000 now rival those in Reservoir and Pascoe Vale, Domain…
- Rents through to roof in Sydney’s most popular suburbs as property owners look to Airbnb
Rents in some of Sydneys hottest Airbnb hotspots are soaring by up to five times as much as city averages, an analysis of housing costs reveals….
- Stamp duty adding ‘years’ to the deposit-saving plans of Sydney’s home buyers
Jordan Burr-Marshand his girlfriend have a four-month old child and want to buy a house in Sydneys west. Theyre saving 20 per cent of their income and paying rent at the same time to try and maketheir home ownership dreams come true.
But when they calculated how much theyd have to pay in stamp duty, they realised it would be years longer than expected before they could call a home their own.
On a $550,000 house, a price close to half the Sydney median …
- Victoria’s popular green change areas are catching up to Melbourne house prices
It isthe dream of many to ditch suburban drudgery and move to the countryfor a more laidbacklifestyle in an unspoilt landscape but for some, they may find that the regional bargains they once believed existed are no longer there.
As home buyers swap convenience for a green change close to Melbourne,more towns are becoming less affordable and, some say, at risk oflosingtheir rural identity.
Typical house prices in towns…
- Uncouple from the man-child
The house is worth $900,000 with a $680,000 mortgage. His solution is to get a small second mortgage to pay off our debts at low rates. No pre-nup.
- Our early Christmas present: refinancing our home loan
It’s been a frustrating couple of weeks after our mortgage broker found some great deals, only to have the lenders withdraw their special offers before…