Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Take a bite of Australian history with the Arnotts family home for sale
Its the original family home of the most-Aussie of biscuit brands Arnotts. Built for the king of the bikkie, William Arnott, Leslieville is a stately sandstone presence in the historic Cooks Hill, and its now on the market. Perfect for buyers looking in the Newcastle area with an interest in history and a fondness for afternoon tea….
- Opinion | Government driving housing crisis | Sharon Claydon
Month-by-month, year-by-year, the long-held dream of home ownership is … In the past year, house prices in inner Newcastle have climbed 7.7 per cent to … negative gearing and capital gains tax concessions for property investors.
- Commonwealth Bank further tightens on borrowing with Bankwest move
… borrowing requirements across its more than $400 billion home loan book, … its 10 per cent growth cap on lending to property investors, Bankwest cited the … boom was pushing up unemployment, resulting in falling house prices.
- Getting a home loan discount can be as simple as just asking
Getting a home loan discount can be as simple as just asking … with that nasty lender’s mortgage insurance charge which is often a deterrent to move.
- Breakthrough loan software to strengthen broker proposition
The new mortgage platform promises to decrease admin time and create an online presence to improve broker visibility
- RBA highlights apartment construction risks
The Reserve Bank has warned the move towards high density dwellings could bring new dangers to the property market
- Mortgage stress sees cut to LMI provider profits
The move away from 90% LVR loans has financially hit Australias biggest supplier of lender mortgage insurance
- Home lending momentum spills into new year
Thanks to the rising number of owner occupier loans, the Australian property market is in good shape, says one leading housing association