Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Aussie Home Loans chief John Symond pans 'misselling' talk
Aussie Home Loans chief James Symond has dismissed concerns of systemic misselling in the mortgage broking industry, tipping brokers to expand…
- Forced sales may occur under proposed changes to Queensland body corporate laws
Queensland unit owners could soon be forced to sell their homes against their will if 75 per cent of the neighbours in their block agree.
And even if the forced sale vote threshold is not reached, individual owners and body corporates will be able to appeal to a District Court to push their plans through, under proposed changes to apartment laws.
The forced sales proposals are the centrepiece of wide-ranging plans to update the Body Corporate and Community Manageme…
- Family friends team up to sell Gold Coast properties as one giant block
Two families have banded together to sell their Gold Coast properties together, offered as a package deal in effort to attract a developer with deep pockets.
The two neighbouring blocks of land are on the Isle of Capri, a tightly-held Gold Coast suburb.
The owners are trying to get creative instead of just offloading, selling agent Eddie Wardale, of Ray …
- Limited stock driving house prices higher in Glenwood
THE Blacktown property market has had a hot start to the year with a record sale in Glenwood. The five-bedroom house at 77 Knightsbridge Ave sold…
- UBank Says Australians Should Refinance Mortgage To Take Advantage Of Low Rates
According to the latest research from UBank, Australians should seek to expand their financial knowledge and search for the best home loan rates…
- Top 10 mistakes property investors need to avoid
Top 10 mistakes property investors need to avoid … Allow for additional funds to pay the mortgage whilst the property is vacant, obtain a building…
- Non-major eliminates negative gearing tax benefits
The bank has decided to change its loan serviceability criteria for all new and some existing investment mortgages
- Demand for property projected to decline in 2017
With banks increasing their interest rates, access to cheap money will be more difficult for investors this year