Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Popular familiy suburb Avalon Beach offers a sea-change without leaving Sydney
- The smallest pre-made tiny house opens to public at Federation Square
- ‘No freakish bubble’: Canberra’s apartment boom here to stay
Canberrans are embracing units in ever greater numbers. There is no better indicator of Canberras evolution from bush capital to modern metropolis than the citys changing skyline. Apartment living is not for everyone, but its increasingly the choice of first-home buyers, downsizers and investors alike, for very good reasons….
- John Szangolies pays more than $10 million to holiday in Palm Beach
The buyer behind Rose Bays $16.8m doer-upper
Centennial Park mansion of David and Skye Leckie passes in at auction for $10.5 million
- RBA's Luci Ellis warns of 'pockets of mortgage stress'
After Commonwealth Bank this week reported a spike in mortgage arrears … Although repeating the RBA’s belief that most mortgage debt had been … state were running at almost twice the rate of its overall $464bn home loan book.
- Property policies all talk
They want higher house prices and more affordable houses at the same … of households own a house outright and another third have a mortgage.
- The Liberal MP fighting for first home buyers
The first, negative gearing, allows investors to lower their tax bill by deducting the costs of owning a rental property, such as mortgage interest…
- Home lending drives big four bank's post record profit
The bank provided 140,000 new home loans during the second half of last year