Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Peering in to the crystal ball: Will interest rates rise this year?
Raising mortgage rates may put the brakes on property investment but it also makes for a harder journey to home ownership as monthly repayments…
- Glebe history set in stone
- Mike Willesee sees the upside to a tight market, lists Bondi Beach pad
- Offset accounts offer great flexibility – if you're disciplined
Our mortgage broker advised us to take up an interest-only mortgage so that … Because going interest-only on your home loan will represent a huge…
- Designer muses: Australian designers share the inspiration behind their projects
Designers often dont feel comfortable with the concept of inspiration.Ask about their influences or a latest projects muse, and youll see many designers shy away, with fear of being labelled a copycator unoriginal.
Despite these perceptions, academics in the design field argue the considered use of inspiration is in fact inextricable fromthe process of architecture.
Architects striving to be truly original are kidding t…
- Only seven suburbs in Melbourne are affordable for first-home buyers
- Strong growth for non-bank lenders
Lenders and mortgage brokers are reporting strong demand in the first two months of the year and few signs of stress, buoying their hopes for the year…