Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Mortgage rate rises add to household cost pressures
Millions of Australians are bracing for further mortgage rate hikes this year after banks … So unless house prices collapse, the banks will likely be OK.
- The most affordable towns close to the coast within a three-hour drive of Sydney
Six of the most impressive beach houses around Australia
Wollongongs affordable housing draws Sydneysiders
- Exclusive Hamilton apartment gives a whole new meaning to waterfront
Sitting in a boat or inside an apartment: atthis Hamilton address, the feelings could almost be the same.
In the 35 years I havent walked into an apartment before Ive never felt that close to the river, said selling agent Paul Liddy, of Ray White East Brisbane,said. You cant be built out, its quite spectacular.
Mr Liddy wa…
- Mortgage providers quietly raise interest rates in first days of 2017
One home loan lender announcing rate increases in the first days of 2017 was Suncorp, citing intensified competition and the cost of meeting…
- No deposit home loan makes family's dream come true
But taking advantage of Villa World’s Little Creek 0% deposit home loan offer, Omar and Jessica Sagario have been able to fulfil their dream of owning…
- Australia’s largest insurer raises LMI pricing loader
The firm has announced an increase in the cost of lenders mortgage insurance for investors as the risk of default trends upwards
- 1 in 4 big bank home loan customers dissatisfied
The number of mortgage holders happy with the performance of the big four banks has dropped to around 75% according to new research
- How to get the home: six tips for a successful rental application
Been knocked-back for yet another rental property? Join the club. To help make your next rental application a success, we asked landlords and property managers to reveal what they look for in a rental tenant.
Complete the application
It should go without saying, but filling out a rental application in its entirety is a must.
Dion Verzeletti, director of Ray White Thornleigh, estimates that 30 per cent of…