Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- ‘There’s no way I could rent alone’: Growing number of Sydneysiders turn to sharehouses
When Jackson Rainbird, 20, moved to Sydney three months ago he started looking for a studio or one-bedroom apartmentto rent.
Previously living inWagga Wagga for work with an airline,he had been living alone comfortably in aone-bedroom apartment for $275 a week.
But when he looked for something similar in Sydney he found it impossible and was forced to drastically adjust his expectations. In Paddington, where he was initially looking, very basicstud…
- Motley Fool: The easiest $50000 you're missing out on
If you have a $500,000 mortgage, and you can get a 0.5 per cent reduction in your interest rate, that’ll save you $50,000 over the life of a 30-year loan.
- Do the sums before you sign up to a reverse mortgage
If you take a reverse mortgage and your property doesn’t grow in value, your retirement plans could come unstuck. Photo: Suzanne White.
- ‘Tip of the iceberg’: Complaints alleging discrimination in rental market rise
If Monique Junipers blood sugar levels drop to a dangerous level, her dog Luigi can smell it and alert her.
The 32-year-olds other assistance dog, Nikolai, helps her walk and perform daily tasks like grocery shopping.
They increase my quality of life, she said. Without them, I couldnt live independently and I would require a carer.
Last year when Ms Juniper, a certified assistance dog trainer, went to a real estate office t…
- Sydney buyers muscle in on South Coast, Batemans Bay property market
House prices across the shire rose 13.4 per cent in the 12 months to June. Median house prices jumped from $392,250 in June 2016 to $445,000 this…
- Bargain properties: Investors set sights on Melbourne, Mornington Peninsula and Geelong
Greater Geelong has experienced strong price growth in recent years and is increasingly attractive to property investors, evident by almost 2,000 new…