Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Home owners set to become the minority in Sydney, HILDA report shows
Jonathan Hoult is so concerned with house prices he has decided to rent permanently. … There is a clear generational divide in home ownership.
- David and Skye Leckie pin $11.5 million hopes on their Centennial Park trophy
As veteran media chief David Leckie prepares to leave the Seven Network at the end of next week, he and his charity queen wife Skye are jumping the gun on the spring selling season with the sale of the family home, Lactura.
The Leckies Centennial Park trophy officially hits the market on Thursday with a guide of $11 million to $11.5 million ahead of an August 13 auction.
The listing brings to an end a two-month hiatus in the high-end market, which is expected to have come…
- Australia moots reining in home loans as NZ takes action
A sharp correction in house prices is a key risk to the financial system, and there are clear signs that this risk is increasing across the country, said…
- Renovating to sell: You’re doing it wrong
When planning an upgrade to your property before selling, theres often that dilemma about what to do and how far to go for the best return on your money. From the results Ive seen, making the right changes to refresh your property and make it popin the eyes of your buyers, is the difference between a quick, top dollar sale and a slow and unprofitable one….
- Young Victorians likely to miss out on home ownership, University of Melbourne survey shows
Young Victorians likely to miss out on home ownership, University of … Prof Wilkins said this was due to two factors appreciation in house prices and … of us was keen to start out by paying off someone else’s mortgage, said Mr Sharp, 30. …. Compare home loan rates from as low as 3.74% p.a now…
- Overconfidence is responsible for a lot of mistakes, here’s how to avoid it
People are notoriously overconfident. Regardless of the context sports, politics, property investing people believe that their judgements and decisions are better than they really are.
- AFG to help online real estate company offer mortgages
Major mortgage aggregator AFG has partnered with an ASX-listed online real estate company to help its expansion into mortgage lending