Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Melbourne's fastest growing suburbs for house prices
Chelsea in the south-east, Croydon in the outer east and Sunshine in the west were also among the fastest growing suburbs for house prices in the…
- Property investors raise their bets
Residential property investors who are not offered a split option by banks or mortgage brokers should demand why such a choice has not been…
- Newport apartment is size of a house, but with potential to lock up and leave
Well, heres a lovely surprise package. At the far end of an unassuming 1960sblonde-brick block we find an elegant and airy, two-storey apartment with itsown waterfront garden, an adorable, private paved area, perfect for longSunday lunches, sunset tipples and hammock time, and a private marina berth,one thats an ideal size for a James Bond-style speed boat….
- Tasmanian house from 1820s is updated for 21st-century living
Almost 200 years on, the composition of one of the first homes built by a free settler to Van Diemens Land has been completed by the go-to-guy of heritage architecture in that state….
- New figures reveal Canberra's soaring house prices: Andrew Wilson
Latest Domain data reveals the Canberra median house price surged by 3.1 per cent over the June quarter to a new record high of $654,306.
- Is an interest only home loan for you?
These are homeowners simply meeting their interest repayments every month and totally ignoring the principal of the mortgage. It’s a big gamble, and…
- More optimism on house-buying than last year
Latest quarterly housing market sentiment survey reveals almost two thirds of Australians think now’s a good time to be buying residential property
- Non-major eases policies for apartment lending
A non-major lender has loosened lending policies relating to apartment purchases, in a bid to help first home buyers onto the property ladder
- Fintech lender and software provider unite to launch smarter SME loan
An ASX-listed accounting software provider has partnered with a leading fintech lender to launch a specialised small business home loan product
- Sydney experiences slowest house price growth in four years
Sydney house prices have recorded the slowest annual increase in four years, new property data has revealed, but the median house price still came in at over $1 million
- 7 in 10 investors 'forced' to make everyday sacrifices
Seven in 10 property investors admit they were forced to make sacrifices to their lifestyles to purchase an investment property