Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Five of the best new homes to take advantage of the first-home buyer’s grant
Luckily for first-home buyers, the Queensland government has extended its First-Home Owners Grant until the end of the year, meaning you can still get $20,000 from the government to buy a new house or apartment….
- Mortgage Choice co-founder defends son over alleged attempted knifepoint robbery
MULTI-MILLIONAIRE Mortgage Choice co-founder Peter Higgins has defended his 18-year-old son, after the heir to one of Sydney’s biggest property…
- Increasing dwelling supply does not lower prices, Community Housing's Joe Flood says
In 2016, new dwelling commencements increased from 62,000 to a record 76,000, but house prices did not retreat. In fact, in Sydney and Melbourne,…
- Melbourne continues unusually hot winter auction results with 74.9 per cent clearance rate
Domain data reports that Melbourne house prices recorded another exceptional increase over the June quarter, rising by 3.5 per cent to a new peak of…
- Balance shifts as Melbourne’s north and west regions outperform at auctions
Property sales in Melbournes northern suburbs shifted into top gear at weekend auctions. The north was the best-performing regional auction market by a big margin, notching up a boom-time 87.7 per cent clearance rate on Saturday compared to a city-wide 74.9 per cent clearance rate….
- Choosing the right mortgage is hard for many first-home buyers
Many feel overwhelmed by the sheer range of products and interest rates on offer, a new survey reveals
- Could the RBA’s cash rate rise two percentage points?
Such an increase would add to current mortgage repayments and create financial stress in the most vulnerable households