Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Neighbourhoods: Forest Lodge
Its been 5 years since the last race meeting was held at Harold Park and four yearssince construction began on Mirvacs residential development.
Now the final stage of the development, Vance, is almost sold out and some residents havealready been calling Harold Park home for two years.
The development, which on completion will host about1300 dwellings and 2500 residents,remains within the suburb of Forest Lodge, despite investigation …
- Perth property: what to see this weekend
An example of European grandeur, a renovated 50s abode and a former display home are among the properties open for inspection around Perth this weekend.
26 Downey Drive, Mosman Park
4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 carsPrice:From $2.35 millionOpen:Saturday 1pm-1.40pm
With a curved facade and a wave-like roof, thi…
- Property investors in Frankston and Broadmeadows pushing out residents
Opportunistic property investors are set to put the squeeze on residents already battling disadvantage and poor health in two of Melbournes newest real estate hotspots….
- Bank bill swap rate hit thousands, says ASIC
Non-banks and regional banks, which control a small slice of Australian mortgage lending, use short-term bridging finance to write home loans…
- ASIC to argue BBSW rig hit mortgages
Non-banks, which account for only a small slice of all Australian mortgage lending, use short-term bridging finance to write home loans usually…
- Pirie 'high risk' according to ANZ
In February we made some changes to our home loan lending criteria … to have a minimum of 30 percent for a deposit when applying for a mortgage.
- Property agency hopes to boost philanthropy
Radley Property, an innovative real estate agency combining property services with philanthropy, pledges 20 per cent of its commission to Australian registered charities.
- Former broker launches mortgage comparison and search platform
A former Sydney-based mortgage broker has launched a new venture that allows consumers to compare interest rates, research home loans and connect with brokers via an online platform
- Property adviser banned over dodgy SMSF advice
ASIC has banned the head of a Wollongong-based property advice firm from providing financial services for four years
- Off-the-plan apartments could cause property prices to plunge
A huge number of brand new off-the-plan apartments could be forced into the market by existing buyers struggling to gain the necessary financing.
- Stamp duty puts additional burden on Australian households
The average burden associated with stamp duty upon residential property purchases for a non-first home buyer owner-occupied amounted to $17,811.
- ‘Non-genuine’ savings blacklisted from home loan eligibility assessment
Gifts, inheritances, and wage advances have become the latest savings banned by lenders in assessing a property buyers eligibility for mortgages.