Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- How our parents’ relationship to property impacts our own
- How to live in Brisbane city rent and mortgage free and still have city views
Damon and Thalia Syme wanted to have it all. Live in the city, have great views, not pay rent, and own their own home (without a mortgage). Somehow, they pulled it off all they had to do was sacrifice a little on space. Oh, and having solid ground beneath them.
The Symes live on a boat on the Brisbane Riverbut its not just a houseboat.
It was a weekend bay cruiser style boat, it had some seating and a very small kitchen bench and the toil…
- Mojave Rock Ranch, made from souvenirs, is for sale in the Californian desert
Still havent found the really different house youre looking for? The word unique gets bandied around a lot when it comes to homes sometimeswith varying degrees of accuracy….
- Opinion: Census data confirms Mandurah's reputation as a retiree destination
The median monthly mortgage repayments were $1820. About 7 per cent of people were experiencing mortgage stress, with mortgage repayments…
- Interest rate hikes: How an RBA increase would affect your mortgage repayment
The Reserve Bank kept rates on hold this month, but experts are increasingly pointing to rate hikes in the near future. For Australia’s indebted property…
- interest rates
In his statement, RBA Governor Philip Lowe said while house prices were … Arguably, higher mortgage rates have done much of the heavy lifting in … Time will tell whether the rate hikes will be enough to deter property investors..
- RBA makes July cash rate call
Despite the cash rate remaining on hold, Lawless said the same forecasts could not be made for mortgage rates which have been gradually…
- Statement by Philip Lowe, Governor: Monetary Policy Decision
At its meeting today, the Board decided to leave the cash rate unchanged at 1.50 per cent.
- Non-major hikes IO rates by up to 80 basis points
While rates have risen for new and existing IO mortgage holders, the bank has reduced rates for several PI mortgages
- Mortgage demand strong despite APRA attacks
Buyers are still remaining active in the property market despite tighter lending conditions and hikes in interest rates