Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- How first home buyers across Australia pay their mortgage
The average first home buyer’s home loan has been on the increase, and those who bought this year, rather than last year, had to borrow an extra…
- Flat Chat: Short let laws will make strata life a new hell
While NSW pollies are still wrestling with what to do about online short-term letting agencies such asAirbnb, which are cool and groovy until your apartment block turns into holiday hotel hell Victoria is about to give them the big green light….
- In the footsteps of Robin Boyd
The hot button issue of affordable housing is not new. As much as its a seemingly irresolvable problem for millennials, so it was in the mid 20th century when their grandparents were young….
- Neighbourhoods: Three of the best in Rose Bay
With its elegant art deco apartments, harbourside mansions, upmarket schools, award-winningrestaurants, beautiful parks and, of course, those iconic views stretching across the water to theHarbour Bridge and city skyline, its almost impossible to imagine that Rose Bay was once atraining ground for 3000 Australian sailors, many of whom served in World War I….
- Car financing deals are often best when you, not the dealership, drives them for yourself
Using home loan redraw (repaid in five years) rate 4.63% $44,743 $4743. Using home loan redraw (repaid in 30 years) rate 4.63% $74,079 $34,079.
- Brokers to be summoned by ASIC
ASIC has revealed it will be serving notices to brokers to provide data, as a part of its fact find for the mortgage broker remuneration review
- Major bank expected to announce significant rate cuts
CBA is expected to announce significant interest rate cuts, as well as slashing minimum loans on some mortgage products by more than 90%
- Calls for vacant property owners to face higher tax bills
A major real estate industry groups has called for an overhaul of land tax in one state, including hitting some investors with a higher tax bill
- Lenders should take more responsibility to protect off-the-plan buyers
Lenders should take more responsbility when funding off-the-plan apartment purchasers, an online property agency has argued
- Pocketbook enters the mortgage scene with new deal
Pocketbook, a personal finance start-up, has inked a business deal with 1300HomeLoans that will allow it to help users with their home mortgages.
- CBA plans to cut interest rates and slash minimum loans for property investors
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia is expected to cut investment property interest rates and slash minimum loans on some mortgage products in the hopes of luring more property investors.
- Mortgage debt continues to plague Australians entering their twilight years
Australians are failing to pay off their homes by retirement, hence leading to growing sums of mortgage debt even as they enter their senior years.
- Perth homebuyers unaware of basic property market facts
New research shows that Perth homebuyers are lagging behind when it comes to simple real estate knowledge.