Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- 'All parents owe their children is love and a good education'
We are both 50, still working and earning a combined $170,000, with a home mortgage of $150,000, $170,000 in redraw and 17 years left to pay it.
- Stars on Sunday: Isabel Lucas buys into her Byron Bay heartland
Isabel Lucas is no stranger to Byron Bay, having lived there until 2012 with her ex-boyfriend, folk-rocker Angus Stone, and shehas now made a more financial commitment to the popular getaway byforking out $857,500 for a treehouse by Tallow Beach….
- Much more of a home game in Melbourne auction market as foreign buyers retreat
Real estate agents are tipping a surge in late-winter auctions as access to cheap finance and reduced activity by overseas buyers encourage local families to upgrade.
The chilly weather on Saturday kept auction attendances down in some areas, but there were plenty of onlookers at open houses in Melbournes south.
Hodges Beaumaris director Michael Cooney said requests for valuations and appraisals the first sign of an impending listing had increased sh…
- Ski town property markets ‘seriously rallying’ as snow falls
- Was buying the right move?
Should we pay the mandatory $10k to get out of the mortgage, or do what … received an inheritance, which we have used to pay off our home loan.
- Was buying a house the right move?
We then plan to pay off the two cars and the mortgage, and get a new house … received an inheritance, which we have used to pay off our home loan.
- Housing affordability improves in the territory
Despite Canberra having the third highest monthly mortgage repayment, … Even though house prices have continued to record annual gains, the…