Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Heritage-listed boatshed in Burraneer listed for $350,000
Yarraville boat house sails through massive auction weekend
Sydneys trophy home market makes room for $48 million mansion with boathouse
- How Better Homes and Gardens presenter Tara Dennis ended up with a velvet waterbed
Better Homes and Gardens star Tara Dennis convinced her landlord to sell her her first house.
What is your strongest memory of your childhood home?
I was born in London and we moved back and forth until I was seven so I dont have any strong memories of home until we finally bought a house in Canberra. From then on, we just seemed to always be busy as a whole family working on the house, whether it be decorating or gardening.
My brothers an…
- Home loan demand declines for third month
Looking ahead, Flavell expects home loan demand to remain relatively strong, despite the growing complexity of the mortgage market. Interest rates…
- ANZ will slash principal-and-interest rates
The move was done to encourage mortgage holders to shift away from interest-only loans
- Lending for housing falls for third straight month
This is the latest sign that APRAs move to cool the property market is beginning to work