Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Living in houses is passe says leading architect
Award-winning Australian architect Frank Stanisic is a huge fan of apartmentliving. Hes resided himself, with his family, in apartments for many years.He has also designed more than 5000 in a total of 30 buildingssince 2013 alone half of which are currently under construction….
- Six properties at 24: From housing commission to property investor
Growing up in housing commission with a single mum in the Mount Druitt area on Sydneys outskirts,Edward Dilleenhas bucked the trend and accrued a portfolio of six investment properties. And hes only 24.
But its not wealthy parents ora high-paying job that has allowed him to leapfrog many other 20-somethings yet to even buy a first home. Its property know-how and goal setting from an early age.
I want to get to the stage where …
- Citi's Willem Buiter says Islam's ancient solution could solve household debt
The solution, he says, is an Islamic style mortgage. … is a less risky financial arrangement for the household than a standard home loan. “A classic Islamic mortgage is a dual equity mortgage where the bank owns the house to begin.
- Ask LH: Should We Pay Off Our Other Debts Before Saving A House Deposit?
Say your car and person loans have a 10% interest rate (this is an example only), while your mortgage is only 5%. By paying off the 10% interest loans…
- Start-up LoanDolphin enters Australia's mortgage space
“The mortgage space is a massive market so if you can crack it then that’s obviously a great space to be in,” … Get help choosing the right home loan…
- Issuance of mortgage securities off to a 'lacklustre start'
As the property boom moderates and higher volatility pushes up prices, the issuance of securities backed by mortgages of home loan lenders has…
- FBAA commits to educating press about brokers
The FBAA has said it is committed to educating the broader public on the benefits of mortgage brokers, in light of a number of negative media articles in the mainstream press
- Foreign buyer tax hike could be 'disastrous' for Queensland property market
The Queensland government has become the latest to slug foreign buyers of residential real estate with higher property taxes