Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- The young couple living on an inactive Guatemalan volcano
Have you ever thought that you might end up living on an inactive Guatemalan volcano and operating a yoga farm? Neither did Brianna and Daniel Hightower, but thats exactly the situation in which they found themselves this year….
- Heat is on Commonwealth and National Australia Banks to raise interest-only home loan rates
Westpac acted on Tuesday to take heat out of its interest-only mortgage … level of household debt resulting from soaring house prices in Melbourne…
- Stamp duty and mortgage insurance relief for homebuyers
The State Government has cut $1.6 billion worth of duties including stamp duty for first home buyers, Lenders Mortgage Insurance duties and duties on…
- EOFY: 9 deductions property investors can make
While it is possible for investors to use their property portfolio to offset income tax, it’s crucial that this is executed in a compliant manner. In order to…
- Westpac follows ANZ's lead with interest-only home loan rate increases
Westpac has increased rates on interest-only mortgages by 0.34%, following changes from fellow big bank ANZ which hiked interest-only rates by up…
- NSW gov't unveils housing affordability measures
The plans come as the state government showcases its new Budget to try and get more people into the property market
- Aggregator sets sights on $37m FY17 net profit
In a profit update for the financial year, the aggregator has also revealed trail book estimates for its home loan business