Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Sydney’s ultra-wealthy take to renovating their trophy homes en masse
Living alongside some of Sydneys super rich is set to be a noisy affair in the coming months. But its no noisy dinner party orblack tie fundraiser youll hear over the well-manicured garden hedge.
Judging by the impressive line-up of billionaires and high-profile trophy home owners seeking DA plans to renovate, expect to hear jackhammers, power tools and earth movers coming from next door.
Leading the construction proposals currently awaiting Woollahra …
- Design matters: Driverless cars in Canberra an alternative to public transport
John Smith is a retired CSIRO scientist and has investigatedIT technology applications for transport. This is the second half of a two-part interview.
TT: It always seems that all the action with driverless cars in other countries or Googleland, is anything happening in Australia?
JS: Not really in earnest yet but there have been a few preliminary trials and in May, 2017, the national transport bodies (Austroads and the National Transport Commission) issued g…
- Andrew Wilson: Canberra house prices surge over autumn
The Canberra housing market has continued its recent strong performance, reporting another quarter of surging house prices. Latest Domain Group…
- Newcastle Permanent Building Society says it's "business as usual" after credit rating downgrade
… what the credit rating agency described as elevated risks in the housing sector of high household debt, rising house prices and low wages growth.
- Fame factor boosts property prices in Byron
CoreLogic RP Data’s latest Market Trends report shows that over a 12-month period, house prices in Byron Bay increased an incredible 39.5% to a…
- Budget help for Illawarra first home buyers: fact or fiction?
While the latest statistics tell us house prices have risen 59 per cent over the last five years, they also tell us that average weekly full-time earnings…