Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Property experts expect up to 10 per cent house price growth by 2020
- Common struggles when living in a rental property (and how to deal with them)
Renovationand rentalare two words that are rarely said in the same sentence. No doubt about it, renting, as opposed to owning, can come with many design restrictions. But just because you dont share the same enthusiasm for ayolk-yellow feature wall as your landlord, that doesnt mean you have to throw all of your Pinterest decorating dreams out the window….
- Like-minded housemates share more than just a roof over their heads
An old adage advises that while you cant choose your family, you can choose your friends. When it comes to the people we live with, the issue of choice often lies in a slightly grey area. Many reside with their families (cant choose), some with their friends (can), and then there are those who opt for a more business-like approach to forming households, recruiting members by advertising a position and interviewing for the role….
- Home loan interest rates could fall into the two per cent range
Financial expert AMP chief economist Dr Shane Oliver is forecasting a trifecta of cash rate cuts to come, driving variable mortgage rates down to…
- The 10 worst postcodes for mortgage delinquencies in Australia
The number of home loans in arrears in Australia increased in the first quarter of 2016, with Western Australia and Tasmania topping the list, with…
- Are you paying too much for your mortgage? 'Lazy' borrowers waste billions
Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time for a financial wake-up call: new research has revealed the embarrassing truth about just how misplaced our priorities…
- Apartment oversupply at 70000: JP Morgan
… for the big banks to hike mortgage rates to offset the pressure on margins. … the need for additional home loan repricing will become more pressing.