Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- ‘No bathroom, no toilet, nothing’: Sydney’s cheapest house in 2016 sold for $350,000
As more of Sydneys suburbs tick over into the million-dollar club you can only read aboutso many modest three-bedroom brick homes in the suburbs selling for record-breaking prices before they all blur into one.
Meanwhile theres been little discussion about whats happening at theother end of the market the cheapest houses sold in Sydney in 2016.
After discounting townhouses, villas and homes within a retirement village, the resu…
- Tennis court and pool sell for $5.3 million in Manly, house not included
Seven boss Tim Worner trades up to $9.5 million digs
- How to create a greener and more energy efficient home for less than $50
- What temperature should your laundry be washed in?
- RBA set to stay on hold as APRA takes over
Mortgage rates are so low that households need just 8 per cent of their … work to take the sting out of the property market by targeting property investors. … One obvious way to bring house prices down is for mortgage rates to go up…
- 8 Top Questions To Ask Your Mortgage Broker Before A Refinance
So, it’s time to refinance and consider your options. Just find a mortgage broker and new great deal? Make a few calls and appointments to see who…
- Could superannuation be freed for house deposits?
The West has seen house prices falling with the state still readjusting to the loss of population and stuttering economic growth after the end of the…
- Mortgage stress to 'continue to rise moderately' this year, says Moody's
Some lenders are also having to take steps to slow growth in lending to property investors amid a pick-up in demand in the past six months, an issue…
- Online bank boasts 54% rise in home loan settlements
The bank has also grown its loan portfolio with more than half its home loans originating through the third party channel
- Home loan approvals grow for six months running
Both the value of home loans and the number of home loans written has increased yet again, according to new ABS data