Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- How to budget for a home on a low income
- The Design Files: Inside the beachside home of Kip & Co’s Kate Heppell
- Time to look at property alternatives
With banks raising rates and house prices soaring, investing in property is looking … Property investors could be forgiven for thinking this week that the universe, … Westpac raised mortgage rates up by to 0.28 percentage points for…
- Banks pull back in loan stress zones
John Flavell, chief of broker Mortgage Choice, said banks were responding to … particularly a resurgence in borrowing by property investors who can be the first ones … Mortgage rates are still at historically low rates, he said. … surging house prices had significantly pushed up borrowing commitments.
- Goldman Sachs on buying binge for delinquent mortgages
Over the past year-and-a-half, the Wall Street giant has become the largest buyer of severely delinquent home loans from mortgage giant Fannie Mae.
- Westpac follows NAB to be second of Big Four to hike mortage rates
… warned to expect further increases in home loan interest rates, as the banks … One day after the National Australia Bank lifted its mortgage rates, Westpac announced a hike of 23 basis points to 5.79 per cent for property investors and an increase of 28 basis points for interest-only loans for investors.
- Major bank follows suit and hikes rates
The Big Four bank has followed NAB’s lead and hiked home loan interest rates for owner occupiers and property investors
- ASIC voices concerns over broker commission model
The six proposals suggested in ASICs remuneration review affect broker commissions, soft incentives, disclosure and more