Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Tenants with homes damaged by Cyclone Debbie ‘must continue to pay rent’
- Prices drive commuters to coast
But make no mistake: if house prices were to decline, they would give it all up in a heartbeat and flock back to the cities. After all, time is our most…
- Sydney prestige fades but still solid for sellers
The Sydney prestige home auction market consolidated its recent year-high performance with another solid result for top-end sellers.
Sydney reported a prestige property auction clearance rate of 74.1 per cent last week which although below the previous weeks year-high mark of 78.1 per cent was significantly ahead of the 60.6 percent recorded over the same period last year.
<img src="https://static.domain.com.au/domainblog/uploads/2017/03/29165904/PresSydACRMar26.png" alt=…
- Narrabri warned of coal seam gas impact on house value by Chinchilla
I worked hard for 20 years in nursing to pay a mortgage and ended up with nothing, not even a home, Ms Hausler said. … In Queensland’s Surat Basin, house prices and rents increased while there was a jobs and investment boom…
- ING matches the big four banks and raises its Orange Advantage home loan for investors
The standard variable rate for the company’s Orange Advantage home loan for investors moves to 5.42 per cent, while the rate on the Mortgage…
- Interest rate rises hit another non-major
The challenger bank has increased its standard variable rates for investor borrowers on two of its mortgage products
- Call to ban 'toxic' interest-only home loans
Over the last 20 years, Australian house prices have risen in real terms by about 131 per cent, in the same time real wages have risen by about 38 per…
- Further macroprudential action expected from APRA
An overheating property market has given rise to analyst predictions of tough new measures on individual banks