Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Emerging investment hotspots in Brisbane's middle ring
Brisbane’s middle-ring suburbs are emerging as investment hot spots due to improvements in affordability and infrastructure, according to the Domain Group. Due to growing demand from renters, the vacancy rate has fallen from 3.4% to 2.1%, which is great news for property investors eyeing strong…
- ANZ cites declining returns as proof of competition in mortgage market
While bank returns have trended down, consumers have benefited from innovations such as internet banking and new ways of paying, he said. ANZ, he added, had responded to this pressure on returns by concentrating on the home loan market, growing its share from 15.8 per cent to 16.3 per cent in…
- Startup lets lenders bid for mortgage loan
The new online platform allows borrowers to choose a lender in a virtual auction
- Statement by Philip Lowe, Governor: Monetary Policy Decision
At its meeting today, the Board decided to leave the cash rate unchanged at 1.50 per cent.
- Borrowing by SMSFs continues to grow
The majority of such borrowing goes into property, and is further fuelling the property boom