Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- The female tradies carving out reputations across Australia
- How to instantly update the look of each room in your home
Sometimes its the smallest changes that have the biggest impact on the look and functionality of a home.
If your home is in need of an upgrade, but youre without the time or money required for a full interior renovation, try the following projects for an instant facelift.
Replace bathroom surfaces
Bathrooms contain several surfaces that can be easily updated to suit current colour and style trends.
According to renovation expert <a hr…
- Central Tilba: A step back in time in one of Australia’s tiniest communities
Central Tilba is a living, breathing time capsule. The village was established in the late 1800s and on the surface not much has changed.
It harks back to a time when you knew all your neighbours, had more time for friends and family and were surrounded by natural beauty; a time and place typically confined to classic novels and history books.
But for the tiny community on the NSW South Coast, its a daily reality.
Central Tilba is home to about 80 people, with neig…
- Real estate agent Leo Mark Grogan found unfit to hold licence but allowed to keep training others
Agent jailed for siphoning client money to own accounts
VCAT fines real estate identity Frank Valentic
- Domain plans data-driven mortgage and insurance push for post-float growth
Domain CEO Antony Catalano said the amount of data on customers that is now harvested by Domain meant it could also look to further commercial…
- International Women's Day: single women still vulnerable to financial disaster
One major issue for single women trying to get back on their feet was housing and paying off a large mortgage. Despite the fact that selling a large…
- Housing affordability worsened in December quarter: Adelaide Bank/REIA report
Rising mortgage sizes more than offset the effect of low interest rates and modestly rising wages to push the figure up 0.9 percentage points to 30.4…
- ANZ shoots down tracker mortgages
The CEO of ANZ has discussed topics around mortgages and the property market in front of the House Economics Committee
- Housing affordability requires a “broad” solution: CBA
Facing the House Economics Committee, the banks CEO has discussed negative gearing and property prices