Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- How would a reverse mortgage affect my age pension?
I am 69 and am considering obtaining a reverse mortgage lump sum with a bank and would like to understand the impacts on the age pension tests.
- WA to slug property investors with new tax
The West Australian understands the tax will be linked to water rates and apply to tens of thousands of investment properties with a gross rental value…
- Where it's cheaper to pay off a mortgage than rent
A three-bedroom unit in Kuraby with a median unit price of $301,375 would have a monthly mortgage repayment of $1331 while the rent would be…
- 7 ways to make the most of your tax return
If you have a mortgage, Etax suggests you look into a mortgage offset … on your mortgage and have more to spend on paying off your home loan more…
- Having HSBC back in the game is a "vote of confidence"
The global bank has re-entered the mortgage market in partnership with Aussie Home Loans