Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- What to see this weekend
6/205 Gipps Street, Abbotsford $700,000-$770,000 2 beds 2 baths 1 car…
- You Wish: a heritage Hawthorn estate full of romance
11 Kooyongkoot Road, Hawthorn
Built in about 1899, this heritage estate, in a much sought boulevard, has a romantic air.
Located in the Scotch Hill precinct a plum part of Hawthorn Glenaghs crowned bay windows and winding path, through pretty gardens, makes a picture postcard street impression.
Off the triple-arched hallway unfurl traditional room…
- House price boom will end with a whimper, not a bang
Historically, Australian house prices have moved up via a series of steps, not in cycles. … Most Australians put a high priority on home ownership.
- What Westpac doesn't want you to know about it's mortgage start-up Uno
Since the mortgage broking platform Uno was born in late 2015, it’s catch-cry … “When it comes to home loan search businesses, ownership matters…
- Mortgage Choice set record before APRA cap
Home loan broker Mortgage Choice lifted home loan approvals to a record $1.35 billion in March, a month that ended with the regulator capping…
- Tensions rising over mortgage broker commissions
One of the country’s biggest mortgage brokers is asking regulators to monitor any moves by banks to cut their commissions amid speculation these…
- Payments System Board Update: May 2017 Meeting
The Reserve Bank has issued a media release – Payments System Board Update: May 2017 Meeting
- Major announces drastic IO mortgage overhaul
The big four bank has announced some major changes to its interest only lending conditions, affecting rebates, maximum LVR and more
- Think tank finds taxes favour owner occupiers
In a new study, the think tank also claims negative gearing is not the main hurdle to first home buyers trying to enter the market
- Sydneysiders blame foreigners for house price rise
A new study has found respondents assume large portions of available property are being acquired by foreigners