Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Lenders return to property investors
A banking sector return to aggressive lending to property investors could stoke the ire of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority, which had…
- Suncorp, Bank of Melbourne among banks to push up mortgage rates
Brisbane-based Suncorp will increase the annual rate on special offer variable home loan packages for owner-occupiers by 20 basis points to 4.15…
- The return of the prestige rural retreat
A place in the country with plenty of space, views over gently undulatinggreenery, peace, privacy and a roaring log fire in the lounge room is a fondimage of a country idyll thats also currently stirring up more than idle daydreams….
- 'House prices can fall': RBA's Stevens warns property investors
The Australian dollar took a hit today as the Reserve Bank Governor defended the bank’s inflation target and issued a warning to property investors.
- Support for first-time homebuyers at the top end
The Northern Territory Government has announced its budget will include a stamp duty concession for first time homebuyers seeking to purchase existing property.
- Online home loan marketplace faces big demand from brokers
An online home loan marketplace has announced an important partnership as it faces huge demand from mortgage brokers
- Consumers reveal biggest broker failing
Consumers have revealed their biggest issue with mortgage brokers in MPA’s latest Consumers on Broker survey
- Mortgage and leasing group announces 'breakthrough' loan
A Sydney-based mortgage and leasing group has negotiated the first approved Uber car loan, which it hopes to roll out to brokers soon
- Non-majors cut fixed rate home loans
Non-major lenders announce a raft of fixed rate home loan reductions below 4%