Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- NAB sets bar higher for interest-only home loans
The bank has issued a memo to mortgage brokers announcing it will cut loan-to-value ratios on interest-only loans for owner occupiers and investors.
- BOK, HKMA, MAS, RBA and RBI Welcome the Publication of the FX Global Code
Media Release Number 2017-11: The Bank of Korea, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, the Monetary Authority of Singapore, the Reserve Bank of Australia and the Reserve Bank of India today welcome the publication of the FX Global Code, a single global code of conduct for the wholesale foreign exchange (FX) market.
- Why smaller lenders can be an investor's best friend
Lower monthly mortgage repayments free up cash. … rate is important, it should never be the sole determining factor when shopping for a home loan.
- BOQ calls for mortgage risk weight changes
Small lenders are calling for a change to mortgage risk weights to level the banking playing field. The calls come in the wake of the SPs decision to…
- Tax deductions are still available for property investors
When looking to purchase an investment property, most buyers consider location, purchase price and tenanting ability, while depreciation is often…
- Market headwinds to increase risk for LMI sector
The mortgage insurance industry will face a number of challenges in the coming years, according to a major global ratings agency