Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Flat Chat: Strata squatters and illegal land grabs on common property
Why bylaws banning prams and doormats are a load of garbage
Can we evict a drug dealer from an apartment building?
- Mining magnate Chris Kyriakou sells Bowral’s historic Grand Arcade for $10 million
Monaco-based mining magnate Chris Kyriakou has done an off-market deal on the historic Bowral landmark, the Grand Arcade, for about $10 million, ending his decades-long ties to the Southern Highlands.
The sale is more than double the $4.75 million it last traded for in 1999 when it was sold by former BRW Rich List brothers Ken and Carl Berkeley, sons of the late furrierLeo Berkeley.
Built in 1888, it was the oldest hotel in Bowral before it was bought bydeveloper Bil…
- NAB joins crackdown on interest-only lending
National Australia Bank issued a memo yesterday (THURS) to mortgage brokers and announced both owner occupiers and investors would require…
- Experts bust the mortgage deposit 'myth'
One option is lenders’ mortgage insurance, which lowers required deposits to a minimum of 5 per cent, meaning purchasers of a $500,000 property…
- NAB quadruples deposit requirements for interest-only mortgage lending
NAB quadruples deposit requirements for interest-only mortgage lending … In a memo to mortgage brokers, the big bank announced significant … the end of their home loan term, they also need to have saved up a sizeable deposit…
- Why smaller lenders can be an investor's best friend
Lower monthly mortgage repayments free up cash. … While rate is important, it should never be the sole determining factor when shopping for a home loan. … The other option is to pick up the phone to a mortgage broker who can help you … Property investors could be big budget losers, says tax expert.
- Commission changes could hammer mortgage franchise
If lenders opt to pay lower commissions, one major franchise could be heavily impacted due to its remuneration model