Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Genworth Mortgage Insurance warns of risky home loan deposits
The nation’s largest mortgage insurer has warned that borrowers are … by APRA on riskier lending to property investors and interest-only loans.
- Rising population won't prevent 7 per cent housing slump, says Citi
A growing population will not be enough to stave off a fall of up to 7 per cent in house prices over the next 18 months warns investment bank Citi.
- Port Douglas house prices returning to 'strongest years'
The median house price in Port Douglas is soaring towards the boom years of 2006-2007. IMAGE: Newsport. THE median house price in Port…
- Severe mortgage stress puts 52000 Australian households at risk of defaulting, analyst says
Severe mortgage stress puts 52,000 Australian households at risk of … the next 12 months and a quarter of home owners are under home loan stress,…
- The north Queensland town offering 800sqm of land for $10
Immigrants to Australia cant afford gateway suburbs anymore
How Cyclone Debbie helped the Whitsundays
- Australian suburbs that have undergone the biggest transformations
A house on a largeblock may still be the Australian dream for some but as suburbs are transformed over time, peoples property requirements are changing with them.
Andrew Wilson, Domain Group chief economist, says in Melbourne, the western suburbs are where a lot of transformation has taken place in a similar fashion to the north-eastern suburbs.
This is all part of the cohort of buyers who are looking for a different sense of what a neighbourhood is, h…
- Original art deco home of Betts shoe empire family for sale in Perth for $3m-plus
- The cheapest suburbs to rent a three-bedroom home within 15 kilometres of Sydney’s CBD
- One in two ANZ loans written by brokers
The big four banks half yearly financial results show growth in the third party channel and home loan volumes
- Property Council questions Victorian “give and tax” budget
While the industry group praised the governments housing commitment, it warned against a lack of property tax reform