Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- How severe will Sydney and Melbourne's house price correction be?
Melbourne’s house prices are expected to fall by as much as 3% for the … This action, predominantly targeted at property investors, has triggered a…
- Home loans could become more difficult to obtain
Obtaining a home loan is about to get more difficult due to the Hayne-led … Fewer big spenders in turn, should lead to lower house prices, or at least…
- Big names compete in industry ping pong competition
The first round of the first ever mortgage industry ping pong competition has taken place
- SME lending in danger, says funding specialist
The cooling property market and lending restrictions could be bad news for small businesses
- Federal Budget 2018: Property owners sitting on vacant land targeted in budget measures
Property owners leavingland sitting empty will be whacked undera new budget measure aimed atdiscouragingland banking.
A cutback ontaxincentives for vacant land was one of the few property-relatedmeasures in this years federal budget, released Tuesday night, and is set to add $50 million to the budgets bottom line.
Under the move, property ownerswill nolongerbe able to claim expens…
- Federal Budget 2018: No pill for housing pain as government uses house prices as get out of jail free card
It was the budget centrepiece of 2017: A grand gestureto tackle housing affordability.
The governmentintroduced measures to give first-home buyers a leg up onto the property ladder with a super saver scheme; older Australians were encouraged to downsize from their large empty homes with tax incentives; more supply was promised; and a limit was placed on foreign buyers snapping upnew apartments.
Last year rising housing costswere an issue Treasurer Scott M…