Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Gaping loophole in new NSW strata rules exposed after resident ripped up her carpet
Apartment-living could descend into chaos if a gaping loophole just revealed in the new strata legislation isnt plugged as a matter of urgency, its been claimed….
- Northwood home and studio of acclaimed artist Lloyd Rees for sale for first time
For almost 30 years after the death of the late great Australian artist Lloyd Rees his studio below his Northwood home remained untouched.
The shelves and benches were crammed with pots and jars full of paint brushes, thewalls and window splattered in paint, and his paint smock, a jumper and his trilby hat leftdraped over his wicker chair.
Until recently, …
- Changes to renters' rights seem fair
Younger Australians in particular are being locked out of home ownership. … owner-occupancy rate for people aged 18-39 has fallen from 36 per cent to about 25 per cent, while the average mortgage debt has nearly doubled.
- Richmond art deco apartment sells for almost $200,000 above reserve
First-home buyers were left disappointed but not surprised when an art deco apartment in Richmond sold for almost $200,000 above reserve….
- REVEALED: 8 of Bundy's cheapest homes
On an average home loan of $150,000 and with a deposit of 10% ($15,000), a home owner would be required to repay $642 a month … Do your homework, shop around for the best interest rate and home ownership could be yours.