Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- The price of preserving your Point Piper view? Buy a neighbouring $13 million home
Rare Infrastructure bossNick Langleyis no doubt a proud home owner, having spent $30.5 million two years ago with his wifeLorraineTarabayfor the Point Piper landmark residence designed byProfessor Leslie Wilkinson.
It was one of that years standout sales, and marked an impressive trade-up for the couple from their $11.45 million Hunters Hill home Windermere.
So when the 1960s time capsule home of the lateBetty Harrisacross t…
- Wandin Valley Winery scores $7 million buyer from China
The Hunter Valley winery that was named after a fictional village in the 1980s hit TV series A Country Practice has sold for $7 million.
In a fitting nod to Wandin Valleysentertainment past it was bought byadirector of one of Chinas largest animation studios, Lap TungTsoi.
Originally known as Millstone Vineyard, the 40-hectare property was renamed Wandin Valley by the creator of A Country Practice,James D…
- Bank of Queensland’s ex-chief Stuart Grimshaw cashes in $7 million Mosman digs
Former bank chiefStuart Grimshawand his wifeAnneliesehave put their Mosman home up for sale following their move to Austin, Texas, and planto buy a second property in their new home town….
- Investors force young Aussies to ditch home ownership dream
Stamp duty is an inefficient tax that ramps up house prices and worsens housing affordability, said Property Council NSW boss Jane Fitzgerald.
- Borrowers need brokers' commissions explained
ABOUT one in three customers who use a mortgage broker to secure a home loan remain unclear on how the broker is paid, a new report says.
- Queenslanders lead fixed rate loans
Latest national home loan approval data from Mortgage Choice found increasing numbers of Queenslanders were opting for fixed rates at a time when…
- Loan to valuation ratios are falling, despite the boom
Also on Thursday, the National Australia Bank revised upwards its forecast of 5.1 per cent growth in house prices this year to 7.9 per cent driven by…
- Partnership to help Airbnb hosts at tax time
Partnership will see HR Block tax accountants provide discounted tax services and specialist tax tips to Airbnb property hosts
- Sydney “most sensitive” to house price changes
Stress tests have shown the nations largest capital may be most at risk from varying house prices and interest rates