Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Recycled sea containers ride the wave in home building trends
Recycled sea containers give an edgy, industrial feel as new homes and extensions however one Perth couples experience illustrates not all councils embrace the container trend.
The Town of Cambridge in Perths trendy western suburbs rejected a bid recently by the City Beach couple to use shipping containers to extend their living space.
They wanted to build on at the front of their home, in an L-shape with double sliding doors exiting on to a decked area and w…
- Young housing commentators betray their generation
There is little reason to rehash the two’s argument against high house prices. Both have attacked them, Kohler more vociferously than Irvine, but she…
- House prices in Sydenham among the strongest in Melbourne’s real estate market
Its got two of the most important real estate fundamentals a neighbourhood can have: a good train line and a big shopping centre.
And now the relatively affordable suburb of Sydenham is brushing off its reputation as a city outpost and cashing in on the price growth that comes from boasting those two amenities in an ever-expanding and expensive city.
The suburb, 25 kilometres north-west of the CBD, was once considered the fringe of Melbourne, when the north-western expans…
- The highs and lows of the single homebuyer
- Westpac's mortgage stress rises in Western Australia
Westpac has suffered a sharp spike in mortgage stress in Western Australia as the slump in mining activity dents customers’ incomes, signalling…
- Westpac edges ahead in battle for mortgage market share
Westpac’s consumer bank division delivered a 14 per cent increase in cash earnings for the year to $2.98 billion. It has the second-largest mortgage…
- Supreme court casts out property spruikers' appeal
The Supreme Court has dismissed an appeal by a property advisory banned for providing unlicensed financial advice
- Are borrowers shunning fixed rate loans?
With one of the countrys biggest brokerages seeing a decline in fixed rate mortgages, what is the local brokers view?
- Non-bank sees surge in self-employed mortgages
The lender sees this increase in the volume of SME-related loans as presenting real growth opportunities for brokers