Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Home for a lifetime: The Brisbane suburbs where no one leaves
If you live in Highgate Hill, Wilston or even Carindale, youre probably not moving anywhere anytime soon.
Thats because residents in those, and other, Brisbane suburbs generally dont like to move out of their patch sometimes ever.
And theyre not alone. There are dozens of other suburbs where people stay put for decades, perhaps moving from one street to another, but never out of the postcode.
New Domain Group data has identified the mos…
- Two rival groups claim right to overhaul the storm-batteredPort Hinchinbrook
Fast forward to today and Oakland Investments, a British Virgin Islands outfit with close ties to Gore, maintains it has the highest-ranking mortgage to…
- Seven things I’d miss about Sydney if I made a sea/tree change
There are so many stories out there bagging Sydney as a place to live: The traffic jams, air pollution, dodgy property developers, eye-bleeding house prices, crime gangsyada yada, yada….
- Fewer Chinese buyers searching for Sydney property and with less money to spend
Its the importantweek in every real estate agents calendar when the red carpet is rolled out for Chinese visitors touring Sydney for its real estate.But as Chinas Golden Week national holiday celebrations cometo an end, there aresigns that foreign buyers have started to turn off the citys property market….
- The Block 2017: Dea Jolly’s tips on how to perfect indoor-outdoor living
As Australians, we love to be outside in our backyards enjoying beautiful weather and entertaining family and friends.
The connection of our homes to outside spaces is not only a must for our social lives and a playground for our children,a well-designed outdoorspace adds serious value to aproperty.
Here are the essentials necessary to turn your backyard into a relaxing outdoor oasis.
Install a deck
Adding a deck to your backyard instantly defin…
- Kochie on what you need to know about mortgages right now
Also chose a mortgage which suits you. … The race to home ownership has many hurdles. … would fall into disarray if the Reserve Bank so much as nudged rates upwards, then a long-term fixed rate home loan could be the answer.
- ANZ in battle with valuers about who owns lucrative housing data
API also accuses the nation’s second largest residential mortgage lender of attempting to bully members into signing the new agreements that it warns…
- Government Calls for Public Opinion on Future of Affordable Housing
Australian house prices have surged more than 140 per cent in little more than a decade propelled by low interest rates, a lack of supply and a tax system that favours property investors, Sydney is now the second-most expensive…
- Broker sentenced in $170m home loan conspiracy
The Melbourne-based finance broker has been sentenced to five years in jail for using false documents in loan applications
- Confusion swirls around home loans market
Banks appear to have misclassified many of their customers, according to recent reports
- More Aussie expats are buying property abroad
Some are buying for investment, while others are buying retirement homes