Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- What Sydney prices looked like 40 years ago when Bankstown was more expensive than Leichhardt
It was a time when bell-bottom jeans ruled fashion and John Lennons hit singles dominated the radio. But Sydney in the 1970s was a world apart from how the city looks today….
- What the data says about Sydney’s sky-rocketing building approvals
It takes a short drive around Sydney to recognise that building approvals have soared. It is a secret that cannot be hidden.
NSW experienced two consecutive fiscal years of record high unit approvals (referring to all dwellings except for houses), the peak being during the 2015-16 financial year, according to ABS trend estimates….
- Diary of a first home buyer, week 5: The hidden costs of homeownership exposed
If mortgage interest rates rose to something more normal, say 6.5 per cent, I’d be … According to insurer Genworth’s online calculator, a $700,000 home loan … The other hidden costs of home ownership are smaller, but add up to a…
- ‘Shocked’: Cosy Moorooka cottage sells for $640,000 at auction
Two young families went head-to-head at the auction of a three-bedroom cottage in Moorooka in front of a big crowd, despite wet weather threatening to dampen the competition and turnout.
Stephen McLaughlin and Anna Crumpton had been searching for a place that was close to both the city and their childrens school. They finally found it on Saturday morning.
As the rain drummed on what was soon-to-be their tin roof, the couple battled it out against another family for <a hre…
- Hurdles for moving your mortgage aren't as high as you might think
Mr Symons said a typical borrower who refinanced a $350,000 mortgage from 4.5 per cent to 3.8 per cent could save $2000 a year over five years.
- Brisbane suburbs where buying an apartment will require large cash deposit up front
Fortitude Valley mortgage broker Caroline Jean-Baptiste said the changes were impacting first home buyers and people looking to downsize, such as…
- Is now the time to fix your rate? | DOMAIN
The latest national home loan approval data from Mortgage Choice found fixed rate home loans accounted for 28.33 per cent of all mortgages written…