Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Notting Hill: A slice of Hollywood in Melbourne, at least in name only
Look up Notting Hill on Domain and youd think it was just student apartment block after student apartment block. Theres a stack of one-bedders on the market in Notting Hill. Drive along Blackburn Road, which splits the suburb in two, and its reinforced. Factories and company headquarters on one side (plenty of the big players, including Toyota, have a presence here), and apartments…
- Stonnington councillors vote against heritage overlay for $10 million Malvern property
A council in Melbournes leafy east has backflipped on its controversial decision to slap an eleventh-hour heritage overlay on a $10 million property up for sale….
- No surprises, cash rate still on hold
Mortgage Choice mortgage broker/franchisee Scott Partridge said he was not surprised by the … But while the cash rate remains stable, there has been plenty of movement in home loan interest rates over the last couple of weeks.
- Banks to gain as special term deposit rates expire
Mr German said the banks, apart from gaining the benefits of increasing mortgage rates for property investors and interest-only borrowers, would also…
- Consumer lending, insurance issues to weigh on Wells' CEO's Senate appearance on Tuesday
N CEO Tim Sloan will be questioned about sales practices, mischarging customers for auto insurance, and complaints about mortgage fees at the…
- Higher home listings will quell vendor price expectations: SQM
Sydney’s sellers are asking for nearly 10 per cent more on house prices and 7 per cent for units, compared to last year. In Melbourne, those numbers…
- Statement by Philip Lowe, Governor: Monetary Policy Decision
At its meeting today, the Board decided to leave the cash rate unchanged at 1.50 per cent.
- Low rates fail to halt mortgage stress
There’s been an increase in the number of households under mortgage stress despite a decline in owner occupier interest rates